Frequently Asked Questions
Your initial visit will involve a thorough assessment of your symptoms to determine the cause of your problem and get you back on the road to recovery. To maximize time with your therapist, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment. This will allow adequate time to complete your initial registration. You can expect to be at the clinic for approximately 20-40 minutes depending on the type of treatment. Any therapy or exercises prescribed as part of your treatment will be carefully explained to you by your therapist. We also strongly encourage you to ask us questions. Together with your therapist, you will decide on the optimal number of treatments necessary to maximize your recovery and return to daily activities.
A physician’s referral is not necessary in order to receive treatment, however, certain insurance companies may require a referral for reimbursement.
You will be assessed and treated by one of our registered practitioners depending on your treatment needs. Our team works closely together therefore you may be also be referred to consult another practitioner (massage therapist, physiotherapist, chiropractor) if your condition may benefit from an alternative or combination of therapies.
There is evidence to indicate that adjustments may have a beneficial effect on a variety of conditions. Adjustments may alleviate some of the secondary or referred pain, arising from the response of the musculoskeletal structures to the primary cause.
Chiropractic care can:
- Improve movement in your neck, shoulders, back and torso
- Improve your posture
- Provide relief from headaches, neck and back pain
- Help prevent work-related muscle and joint injuries
- Lead to enhanced athletic performance
- Improve your flexibility and range of motion
- Relieve pregnancy-related back ache
- Correction gait and foot problems
Most extended health insurance plans cover the cost of services we provide. If your insurance company allows for direct online billing (Sunlife, Green Shield, Great West Life, Blue Cross), we will process the claim online with no out of pocket expense to the patient.
Treatment for injuries sustained in a workplace or motor vehicle accident are paid for by the auto insurance company and WSIB. Patients are not required to pay for services directly.
We treat many conditions including:
- Acute and chronic pain associated with a motor vehicle or workplace accident
- Sports injuries
- Back, neck and limb pain
- Sciatica and other radiculopathies
- Orthopaedic injuries (including rehabilitation after surgery)
- Movement related disorders.
- Hip, knee, shoulder, and other joint replacement post surgery rehab
- Bursitis, tendonitis, and tenosynovitis (including golfer’s and tennis elbow)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Temporomandibular pain (TMJ)
- Repetition strain injuries, overuse syndromes and other work related problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- PCOS, endometriosis, difficult periods
- Weight gain
- Food intolerance and sensitivity (eg: gluten sensitivity)
- Premature aging
- Anxiety and depression
At this time we want to move above and beyond to make everyone feel comfortable at the clinic.
- Our clinic is cleaned every day and night.
- We use a hospital grade all natural disinfectant at the clinic called Decon30. As a hospital grade disinfectant, it has been endorsed by health Canada to effectively kill 99.99% of germs and bacteria.
- We are disinfecting of our tables between treatments
- We have put hand sanitizer around the clinic.
What You Can Do
- Take care of yourself. If you are feeling unwell, stay at home.
- Make sure to wash your hands often
- If you are sneezing please do it into a tissue or your elbow.
- Keep yourself healthy and well rested